Keeping our customer’s business ‘always ahead’ has been our prime goal, and every development that evolves at GATI-KWE is backed and based on this very principle. And to keep a client’s business ahead of its competition makes it important for us to stay ahead in terms of innovations that bring about continuous process improvements, an area where GATI-KWE has excelled at over the years.
The technology in the logistics segment has evolved significantly over the last few years, from the advent of the RFID technology for shipment tracking to the development of fuel efficient transport vehicles to reduce logistic spend. At GATI-KWE, we have ideated and implemented innovations that have a final-user benefit and aim to provide a better transactional experience for our customers throughout our distribution cycle. Right from shipment pick-up to delivery, our innovations help to not only streamline our internal processes but also create a stress-free experience for the customer.
Work Flow Based Operation Modules:
• Our custom-built operation modules are designed to provide advance shipment information enabling us to pre-plan our activities and help our customer’s shipment reach ahead of time.
• The load planning module provides advance information of stock weight on in-coming vehicles, en-route weight, route-wise touch points etc., which helps our transshipment centers to pre-plan the loading capacity on connecting vehicle even before the shipment arrives at the transit point.
• The delivery planning module provides information of incoming load weight at the delivery center 48 hours in advance, thereby enabling us to plan customer location wise delivery schedules well in advance.
Network Monitoring Cells:
• Network Monitoring Cells (NMC) present at all major GATI-KWE distribution centers in India are designed to monitor vehicle movements across the country through VTS (Vehicle Tracking System) device installed on all long haul vehicles.
The NMC ensures:
1. On time arrival and departure of scheduled vehicles.
2. Minimizing en-route delays (unscheduled stops).
3. Route analysis (route deviations, distance verification & speed).
• Our in-house mobile based application enables our Field Associates to capture and upload the real time POD (Proof of Delivery) image instantly which can be viewed by the consignor within minutes after delivery.
• It also allows a direct docket entry from customer’s premises in link with our central system, removing any scope of manual error or inconsistency caused during booking by an associate.
Online Customer Portal:
• A customized online account helps our customers access consolidated real-time updates on their shipment status and track invoice and payment details. They can also download Proof of Delivery (POD) copies and register complaints or queries.
Service Performance Report
• An integrated Service Performance Report is sent to our clients on a monthly basis informing them of the on-time delivery percentage achieved by us, thus helping them access our performance at any given point of time.
Recently at 2nd Asia Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit held in Mumbai, GATI-KWE won the Award for ‘Achievement in Continuous Improvement’. This award recognizes and symbolizes the innovations and process developments GATI-KWE has implemented in the recent times to improve the over-all experience for our customers.